Nervecentre Software develop and supply software which enables health providers to care for patients effectively and efficiently. In the course of our activities, we work with customers, suppliers, partners and other parties and in so doing hold or come into contact with Personal Data belonging to individuals working in those organisations.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us on through any of the following channels:
email: [email protected]
phone: 0118 974 0128
post: Privacy Officer, Nervecentre Software Ltd, Denmark Court, 18 Market Place, Wokingham RG40 1AL.
What is Personal Data?
The law defines Personal Data as any information relating to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified by it.
Your Personal Data cannot be stored or used (“Processed”) without a lawful basis for doing so. A lawful basis for processing is provided either by a valid business need (such as Personal Data we need to process in order to perform financial transactions) or, in the absence of such a valid need, explicit consent from you.
Why do we hold Personal Data?
We maintain records, which contain Personal Data, for various purposes:
- Marketing: We keep lists of people who we may contact with company or product information.
- Customer operations: In order to provide support and other services to our customers we keep lists of people in various roles.
- Doing business: We keep details of prospective customers, as well as current and past customers. We also keep details of suppliers and partners.
- Personnel: We keep details of our staff.
How do we collect Personal Data?
In order for your Personal Data to be held by us, you must either be involved in business dealings with Nervecentre Software which require us to do so or provide explicit consent for this.
We may collect Personal Data from a number of different sources:
- Trade shows: At the time that you provide your Personal Data you will be asked to provide consent for us to process it. Personal Data may be collected at trade shows by the show organisers rather than directly by Nervecentre Software staff.
- Colleagues: Your business colleagues may provide your Personal Data to us if they determine that there is a valid business need to do so.
- From you: You may volunteer your Personal Data to us in order to join a mailing list, enter into a business relationship, or for other reasons.
- Public sources such as LinkedIn: If you have made certain Personal Data public then we may use that to identify and contact you.
How do we use the Personal Data that we collect?
We will only store and use Personal Data in the context of the purpose for which it was collected. Personal Data collected for one purpose will not be used for another purpose unless there is a lawful basis for doing so.
- Marketing: We may store your name, title, phone number, email address, job title, work address, and the organisation that you work for along with notes about our relationship with you. We will use this information in marketing campaigns, including use in mailing lists, and will provide you with information on how to update your contact preferences including how to remove yourself from the list.
- Customer Operations: We will store all information required for the purpose, this is usually limited to your name, title, phone number, email address, job title, work address, and the organisation that you work for along with notes about our relationship with you. We will only use this information in the course of our business operations with you.
- Doing Business: We will store all information required for the purpose, this is usually limited to your name, title, phone number, email address, job title, work address, and the organisation that you work for along with notes about our relationship with you. We will only use this information in the course of our business operations with you.
- Personnel: We will store all appropriate Personal Data required for payroll and staff management. This includes your name, title, phone numbers (work, home, mobile as appropriate), email addresses (work, home, mobile as appropriate), job title, bank details, the status of any background checks to which you have consented, and employee records.
Who do we share your Personal Data with?
We do not share Personal Data with other organisations. We are on occasion asked to help individuals from different organisations to make contact with each other, and we will do so only with mutual consent of those individuals.
How do we safeguard Personal Data?
All Personal Data that we hold is maintained in locked filing cabinets and/or on our computer systems. We have strong disk encryption in place on all business machines, a policy which mandates strong passwords, and use cloud services which incorporate strong encryption of data in transit and at rest. All data, including Personal Data, held on our systems is backed up through a cloud backup solution which features strong encryption and access controls.
How long do we keep Personal Data for?
We will retain Personal Data for no longer than is necessary.
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
If you use our website or services, we may place a cookie (a piece of data) on your hard drive in order to enable the use of our services, to simplify and to obtain statistics regarding the use of our website and services.
Personal Data held on Customer Nervecentre Systems
The Nervecentre product is a software solution for healthcare; it is deployed on premises owned or controlled by our customers.
If you are or have been a patient or member of staff at one of those organisations, some items of Personal Data may be held on their Nervecentre system. For staff the data will include your name and may include your email address, job title and information regarding your role. For patients the data will include demographic information such as your name and age, may include additional demographic information such as your address and GP details, and may include health record information related to your condition and treatment.
Personal data held on Nervecentre installations is controlled by the organisation which owns that system. Patients and staff should therefore contact the organisation in question if they have any questions regarding data privacy.