We believe that mobile technology has a major part to play in improving patient care in hospitals. From developing our software to supporting the users, our staff help us enable healthcare professionals to do their jobs efficiently and effectively.
We’re always looking for brilliant people to join our growing team. We have a vibrant, dynamic working environment with opportunities to develop your career. If you think you’re a good fit and you’d like to join us on our journey, get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org.
PAS Product Specialist
As the PAS Product Specialist, you will have a deep knowledge and understanding of the feature set and practical use of patient administration systems (PASs), preferably from a range of vendors. You will become the company’s expert in our own PAS product, and provide leadership in this area across our development and delivery teams. You will work alongside our other product specialists, who each perform a similar role for a different functional area of the Nervecentre EPR product.
The PASs can perform many functions; in our definition, we include the administration of patient demographics information, patient bookings, ED and inpatient visits, outpatient clinics, waiting lists, RTT, reporting, and NHS Spine integration.
The responsibilities of the PAS Product Specialist role include:
- Maintaining a broad understanding of our EPR product, of which the PAS functionality is an embedded part.
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the functionality that customers expect from a PAS.
- Providing thought leadership in this specialism to the rest of the company.
- Identifying product development actions which are required or desirable.
- Engaging tightly with the engineering team, using jira and other tools as deemed appropriate, to ensure that development actions are clearly recorded, prioritised, and, when developed, meet the identified requirements.
- Leading in the creation and completion of test plans and test cases in this specialism, alongside our QA team.
- Ensuring that internal and customer documentation and training materials for the PAS product are produced in a timely manner.
- Conducting ongoing assessment of the product against current and emerging national requirements (standards), maintaining a gap/impact analysis and ensuring that engineering are well informed.
- Ensuring the sales team have sufficient product knowledge (sales enablement).
- Supporting the sales team in responding to PAS questions in tenders, leading on ensuring that service (clinical) aspects of the response are accurate, complete and address the stated requirements.
- Defining and arranging pilots for new products and features, working with the customer, with the delivery team and with engineering to ensure that the purpose of these is well documented and results captured and understood as part of the product introduction “first of type” process.
- Identifying opportunities to produce case studies, and contributing to these where appropriate.
- Representing the company in forums and trade events where relevant.
Knowledge and Skills Required
The successful applicant will:
- Possess and demonstrate strong PAS knowledge, evidenced by at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant role (e.g. at a hospital and/or at another PAS vendor).
- Have an ability to learn new concepts quickly and work well across teams.
- Have an ability to work well in a team with diverse skills based across the UK.
- Hold a full UK driving license.
- Possess excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Have a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
- Quickly learn new technologies and skills, with a clear focus on results.
- Plan work activities in a logical and clear manner.
- Collaborate effectively with customers and colleagues both in person and by phone, email, and other collaborative tools.
- Be patient and helpful with customers and colleagues.
This full-time position will be based at our Wokingham offices. Although remote working will be considered, there will be a need to spend a portion of most weeks in the office. There will also be a need to travel to customer sites on an irregular basis.
To apply for this role please email your CV to email@example.com
Senior Software Engineer
Nervecentre Software Ltd is a dynamic and innovative start-up organisation, developing pioneering software systems for the global healthcare market. The product suite integrates real-time server development with mobile and web application development.
The role of a senior software developer is to be a key senior member of the development team to support the rapid growth of the business. The key responsibilities of the role will combine all aspects of the product development lifecycle for new developments, product enhancements, customer-specific integration and developments, and providing third line support.
The role offers a rewarding environment, with strong opportunities to gain first-hand experience of customer requirements, influence product development, and opportunities to learn new skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years experience in software development
- A-level, computer science or engineering degree preferred
Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Project planning and leadership
- Design, development and testing of software
- Maintenance and support of software including out of hours support
- Meeting with customers and/or clinical team to turn customer’s requirements into technical specifications
- Assist in the ongoing building of a development team and quality assurance processes
- Manage the simultaneous development of medium term strategic projects and short-term tactical developments.
GDPR and IG
Take responsibility for data protection within the organisation; including adherence to UK regulations (GDPR) and health sector standards and ensure you are aware and follow the guidelines set out by the ICO,
- UK driving license
- Good English written and oral communication skills
- Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Eagerness and ability to quickly learn new technologies and skills
- Willingness to be flexible around the responsibilities and job
Technical Skills – Require some of the following
- Platforms: Linux, Android, iOS
- Environments: Real-Time server software, Web development, Smartphone / tablet devices
- Technologies: HL7, hospital information systems, CDA, FHIR, MySQL, SOAP/XML, HTTP/AJAX, DOJO, REST, resilient server design, Telecommunications, VoIP, SIP, XMPP
- Graphical user interface design
The role is based in Wokingham with requirements to travel to customer premises. Working hours are 37.5 hours per week with the need to work longer hours as required to meet customer requirements. Flexible working conditions may be offered upon request.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Order Communications Specialist
You know how the NHS is often in the news as it tackles the surging demand for healthcare services? Well, we develop software that eases NHS pressures by empowering hospitals to accelerate patient flow, create capacity, provide safer care, and save money. And that’s more important today than ever before.
We’re devoted to building intuitive mobile-first healthcare software that clinicians love to use rather than tolerate, and we’ve been doing that for eleven years now. At this very moment, over 100 hospitals, including some of the biggest NHS trusts, are using Nervecentre solutions to care for their patients.
As we continue to grow, we’re looking for an experienced order comms specialist to join our friendly but devoted and hardworking team of domain experts. Your subject matter expertise will influence and inform our order comms roadmap, so you’ll need to know hospital environments and clinical workflows inside out and have recent and extensive experience working with or implementing order comms systems.
It’s your opportunity to make a difference for the heroes who make a difference.
In return, we can offer you an encouraging and rewarding workplace culture in one of the UK’s fastest-growing technology companies, with a competitive package and opportunities to develop and learn new skills.
If you know your LIMS from your PACS and RIS, are driven by delighting your customers, and share our passion for making healthcare better, we’d love to hear from you.
Email Debbie at email@example.com to find out more.
The Support Engineer will be required to participate in a collaborative and efficient support incident resolution team. Prioritising customer satisfaction and delivering detailed and helpful advice. Reproduction of issues internally and liaising with our Engineering team with any software defects. Ability to work with exciting cloud technologies and a desire to work in the healthcare industry.
- Responding to customer support enquiries, resolving them or passing them to an appropriate owner and tracking them through to completion.
- Operate and adhere to the defined support ticketing flow and escalation framework.
- Ensuring that the response and resolution SLAs committed to customers is met.
- Following Company processes, and taking an active role in process improvement, to ensure personal and team deliverables meet the right level of quality and are timely.
- Work collaboratively with the support team and other departments to provide excellent service to Nervecentre customers.
- Potentially taking up to a quarter share of the out of hours support duty rota if team structure requires it.
- Create professional and detailed RCAs.
- Contributing to the development of user guides, technical designs, implementation and support procedures and other technical documentation.
- Where support duties require, there will be occasional travel to customer sites across the UK.
- Seeking continuous improvement in the Nervecentre product through participation in development and test processes and actively providing feedback to the development team.
- Supporting hosted customers using cloud based technologies e.g Docker, Openstack, Azure and Kubernetes.
- Working actively with KAFKA and Zookeeper software to manage customer infrastructure
- Re-create customer issues on internal and customer environments
- Create detailed JIRA tickets with steps to reproduce for any proven software defects
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new skillsets.
This full-time position will be based at our Wokingham offices.
Key Skills and Experience
- Excellent customer service
- Experience in incident management
- Linux Command Line
- T-SQL Languages (MYSQL Preferred)
- Bespoke Application Support Experience
- Desire to work with Healthcare Technologies
- Ability to output high quality documentation
- Strong troubleshooting methodologies
- Patience and Compassion for healthcare staff
Salary and Benefits
All staff members receive the following benefits package:
- 23 days of annual holiday, plus English public holidays.
- An opt-in company pension scheme, with employer contributions up to 4% of salary
- An annual company bonus, the value of which is determined based upon company success and outlook and personal performance.
- Travel expenses related to customer activities (exclusive of travel to/from the office unless otherwise agreed). Mileage is paid at 40p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p per mile thereafter.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.